LAP SWIM RULES
- Swimmers must be actively swimming or water-walking across the entire length of the pool with reasonable rest stops.
- Swimmers under the age of 12 must have a supervising adult of 14 years or older in the pool area at all times.
- Lifejackets, pool noodles, and water weights are not permitted in the lap lanes.
- Independent swim lessons instructors and swim coaches may not provide services at any of the YMCA facilities.
- Hanging on the lane lines is not permitted and damage to a lane line may result in a $65 charge to your account.
- If all lap lanes are occupied, lap swimmers are required to share lane space respectfully. See lane etiquette.
- Lifeguards reserve the right to close lap lanes or move lap swimmers to different areas of the pool for any reason: misuse, swim lessons/team, event rentals, speed/organization, etc.
YMCA LANE SHARING ETIQUETTE
- Before entering the water, make your presence known to all other lap swimmers in the lane to avoid confusion
- Attempt to join a lane with swimmers who match your speed or skill level
- When resting on the wall, move to the outward corners of the lane
- Pass only at the walls to avoid collision. Slower swimmers should yield to faster swimmers to ensure safe workouts
- For 2 swimmers per lane, split the lane down the middle. For 3+ swimmers per lane, circle swim.