FULL TIME POSITION
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR
WHEN YOU JOIN THE Y, YOU BECOME A PART OF AN ORGANIZATION THAT WORKS FOR INDIVIDUAL AND COMMUNITY WELL-BEING FOR ALL.
Y associates make a positive impact in the lives of those they serve.
Overwhelmingly, people who want to be a part of the Y do so because it reflects their values and their decisions about how they’ve chosen to live their lives. The most fulfilled Y associates are happy because they get to help others and are a part of something larger than themselves. If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to apply. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for a better us.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Under the leadership of the Membership Director, in accordance with the Christian principles of the YMCA, the incumbent is responsible for delivering excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. He/she serves as a member of the member service team and is responsible for implementation of all Daxko membership and program input, quality member service, program sales, retention, and satisfaction, while exemplifying the “Y” values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships, and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the facilities.
- Partner with the association management team to implement membership policies (SOP’s) and all systems that support branch membership, program, and marketing objectives.
- Enter membership and program registration data into operating system (Daxko).
- Greet and engage with members and ensure all guests and program participants have been verified in Daxco before entering branch.
- Process all Daxko transactions with accuracy and perform daily close out and drawer count.
- Participate and recruit participants for member challenges also known as member visit drivers.
- Suggest procedures or standards to improve efficiency and productivity at the Member Services Desk.
- Ensures standards for meeting retention goals are followed.
- Provide feedback and offer solutions regarding gaps in service and/or member concerns.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service, sales, and “Leader” procedures & practices.
- Respond to member and guest inquiries and problem solve via phone or in person using Listen First skills.
- Meet all current training requirements for Membership staff.
- Ensure Membership Service Associates are complying with membership policies, engaging with members and program participants, and providing quality service in person and phone.
- Assist Membership Director with training new staff.
- Must work a minimum of 15 hours per week at the service center to maintain in-depth working knowledge of YMCA systems, standard operating procedures (SOP) and program updates.
- Act as Manager on Duty when scheduled.
- Perform membership administrative tasks responsible at both branches.
- Assist membership director with management of corporate memberships, discount groups, monthly fees, collections and returns manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High school diploma and or GED required.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.