Find the Perfect Swim Program for You!
Our pool offers a vibrant mix of Swim Lessons, Lap Swim, Water Aerobics, Lifeguard Training, Recreation Swim and Family Swim. You can count on the YMCA pool staff to provide a safe environment with certified lifeguards and caring instructors!
Jump in the water! The YMCA has been teaching children and adults how to swim for over 100 years. Whether you are a beginning swimmer or on your way to the Olympics, your Anchorage Community YMCA is a great place to make a splash.
We offer at least 1 lap lane all day and every day the pool is open. We ask that when you use the lap lanes you swim laps. There are many other times and areas that are available to water walkers and those doing water aerobics. When 3+ people in lane, circle swimming pattern used.
Water Walking and Jogging
An opportunity for individuals to take advantage of additional resistance when walking or jogging. Great alternative for individuals who do not want the impact on the joints. This group has a dedicated time of 6:30-7:30 Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There are also many other times that you may water walk on your own.
Open swim is offered many times throughout the week both in morning and evening time blocks. Please remember that children who are under the age of 6 and those in lifejackets must have a parent in the pool at all times.
- All Patrons must have a swimsuit on. No cut offs, t-shirts or basketball shorts
- All Patrons must shower with soap and water before entering the facility
- Children under the age of 6 and those in lifejackets must have a parent in the pool at all times
- Children ages 7 and 8 who do not need a lifejacket must have a parent in the facility at all times
- Flippers are not allowed during open swim
- No Diving!
- No running on the pool deck
- Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper
- Lap Swim: Those in a lap lane must be swimming. Children in lifejackets are not allowed in the lap lane
- Lap Swim: If there are two people in the lane and one or more persons would like to swim patrons must circle swim
- Lifeguard has final authority!